All current students have access to download a full copy of Microsoft Office for free using Microsoft Office 365. Below are some instructions on how to download office and attached is a PDF with helpful pictures which some users may find helpful.
Installing Office 365
1. In a web browser such as Chrome, Safari or Edge type in the link Login.microsoftonline.com in the search bar.
2. Enter your email address which is your username followed by phs.cheshire.sch.uk
3. You will then be prompted to enter in your password. Your Username and password are the same for logging into a Poynton High School Computer.
4. Click on Install Apps in the top left and click on Microsoft 365 Apps
5. Run the Officesetup.exe File and instal office 365.
6. You will be prompted to sign in to your Office 365 programs using the same Email and password you use in step 2 and 3.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How do I know my Username ?
Your Username is the year you started High school in Year 7 followed by the first four letters of your surname and the first letter of your first-name
I.e A student whose Year 7 starting year was 2022 named Joe Bloggs would be 22BlogJ
What if I forget my password ?
You will need to come to Network Support office to have your password reset.
We can not rest your password over the phone or send a password reset to your non school email
Is this the full version of office ?
Yes you will have access to the full Office 365 package which includes Word, Power Point, excel, One note, Outlook, Publisher
How many devices can I use this on ?
You can use this on 5 different personal devices, and it is support on various windows based, MAC, IOS and android devices.
How long do I have access to this ?
You can use this for as long as your are a student at Poynton High school or College.
Please be aware passwords can only be reset by visiting Network Support.