Ofsted: December 2015
It was with great pleasure that we welcomed Ofsted into our school on the 10th and 11th December 2015 to undertake a full inspection of our school. The inspection team, made up of 5 Ofsted Inspectors and an HMI (Her Majesty’s Inspector), looked at every aspect of school life; working with us to celebrate our successes while validating our great improvement since our last full inspection. The Team observed 43 lessons on their first day and also had unprecedented access to students, students’ work and parents/carers due to the unique circumstances of Progress Review Day on the second day of inspection.
Throughout the inspection, the Team did not see one single student off task or not fully engaged in their learning. They praised our students’ attitude, behaviour and conduct highly,
“…[students] are courteous and polite…and are keen to offer assistance”.
Every aspect of school life has been greatly praised and this report represents the exceptional efforts of all of our staff, our governors, our students and our parents/carers in ensuring we have an exceptional school that has
“…high expectations and an unswerving commitment to ensuring that every pupil achieves their goals, whatever their circumstances. As a result, the school has made significant improvements since the last inspection”.
May I encourage you to read the report fully as the findings truly validate the journey we have been on since our previous inspection? As you do so, I hope you will join with me in celebrating the praise that has been afforded to the quality of leadership and governance throughout the school, the quality of teaching and learning, our students’ progress and achievement, our students’ behaviour and welfare, the quality of special educational needs provision, our exceptional Sixth Form provision and the great curriculum and opportunities your children have at our school.
Overall, the inspection team found that:
- “…pupils demonstrate very positive attitudes to learning by their interest and enthusiasm in class and their participation in a wide range of enrichment activities…they are proud of their school”.
- “…teachers know their pupils well. This allows them to use their subject expertise to question pupils very effectively to extend their learning”
- “…the proportion of pupils gaining 5 A*-C GCSE (including English and Mathematics) has been significantly above the national average”
- “…excellent leadership…has secured considerable improvements since the last inspection”
- “…the great majority of parents…were positive in their praise of the school’s work”
- Sixth Form: “…learners have a very positive attitude to their studies and are ambitious”, “…the sixth form curriculum…equips learners well for life after school”, “…learners speak highly of the extensive facilities that they enjoy…their high profile and positive attitudes to learning set the tone for the rest of the school”.
Thank you for your continued support, challenge and partnership, allowing us to inspire your children, so that they achieve in all aspects of school life, and celebrating with us each and every individual.
You are able to navigate directly to our published Inspection report, my letter to parents below and also an Ofsted Guide for Parents.
Below you will find a link to the Ofsted Parent View Questionnaire.
Below you will find a link to the Ofsted Guide for Parents.