Helping Your Child with Learning
We know that parents are keen to support our young people with their learning and we welcome this support.
In all year groups we have information evenings and a parent evening. All students will receive a written report and additional progress data at other points in the year. All parents are able to access Doddle to view the home learning set for students and for PE this will also contain additional information about student performance.
How can parents help their child?
- encourage them to develop good study habits at home and engage them in conversation about what they are learning
- engage them in discussion on a range of topics from politics to football. Having wider interests will help them learn and gives them vital cultural capital
- visit interesting places with them. Some may be subject specific for example an art gallery will give them creative ideas for their own art work. Others will just support the development of wider interests
- support students to be involved in extra-curricular activities. Many students don't need a push to get involved but some do and being in the school show or starting Bronze DofE may open up exciting future opportunities for them
- look at their books and school work. They should be responding to teacher feedback in red so look out for that
- contact school if you have any worries or wish to get further advice
Below is some further information and links that you may gind useful.
Doddle is an online teaching and learning resource for all subjects. The site is also used to set home learning for students. All students have a password for this but we thought it would be useful to provide a little more information.
Please find below an Information Sheet. Remember that Doddle is also available as an App.
PiXL Maths App
Year 11 students will find the PiXL App really helpful in their revision for the Maths GCSE. There is further information about how to use this below.