RSE Consultation 2021
We would like to hear your views on our Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) Policy, which will apply across our school from the summer term 2021.
In June 2019, the Department for Education (DfE) published Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education.
- Makes it compulsory for all schools to have an RSE policy and to consult parents and carers in the development of that policy
- Sets out the topics that need to be taught by the end of secondary school
We have worked hard to make sure that our new curriculum reflects:
- Our values of equality, inclusion and respect for all students and communities
- Our students’ age and maturity as well as their cultural and religious backgrounds
- Our students’ learning needs
- Our legal obligations
- What students need to know to be healthy and safe in school, in their personal relationships and in the wider world.
The deadline for responses to the policy consultation is Thursday 22 April 2021. Please use the form which can be found below.
All responses to the consultation will be shared with the Curriculum and Welfare Committee of the governors before the final approval of the policy.