Year 11 Parent and Carer Bulletin for April 2019
Our final bulletin before the exam season starts so I just wanted to send out some key information for you before the madness begins…
- All students have received information with regards to what revision they should be completing over Easter from each subject. This guidance is tailored to each individual to support our students over the last holiday before their exams start. This is a reflection of the revision strategy that successful students had used last year.
However, the message to students has been about balance and working through their revision ensuring they take regular breaks and have time to relax also.
- The first exam is on Monday 13th May and the exam timetable can be found on our website.
Students will be given instructions as to where there exams are when they return to us after Easter. Language speaking exams will be the week before the 13th May and again information to those students will be shared after Easter.
- Over Easter is a good time to get prepared for our exam season so key pieces of equipment that are needed are…
See through pencil case, black pens, ruler, protractor, pair of compasses, pencil, high lighters, rubber, scientific calculator and a water bottle with no label.
- Remember if you get a bus into school please stay on it even if there are delays as we can support students during their exams if this is the case
- Full uniform is expected over the exam period
Prom, Yearbook and hoodie
- Yearbook, hoodie and Prom – these letters have been given to our students and if they request one then they need to bring back their slips and money ASAP.
- The leavers assembly will be in the morning on Wednesday 26th June and all students will be finished by 12pm. Prom will start at 7pm at the Tytherington Club.
Beyond Year 11
- Students recently have had a presentation led by Mr Hardman the Head of 6th form with regards to moving on next year. The presentation is also available on the website as an attachment below.
- Students have been asked to hand back their locker keys otherwise they will be charged £4 to replace them.
Have a lovely Easter!
Annie Kennedy Anne Handby
Director of Learning Welfare leader