Student NHS Lateral Flow Testing Consent Form
This common consent form has been designed for use by parents/carers.
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented in the letter from school.
- I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for a lateral flow test.
- I consent that my child’s samples will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
- I understand that if my child tests negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school except where they are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I understand that I will be informed of that result by school. I will collect my child from school immediately. When testing at home a PCR test will be needed to confirm a positive lateral flow test.
- I consent that I they will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result.
- I agree that if my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive, I will report this to the school and I understand that my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.