The Governing Board of Poynton High School is very pleased to announce that, following consultation with all stakeholders and a subsequent application to the DfE, we have received our "Academy Order" from the Secretary of State for Education to allow us to convert and form a multi-academy trust, namely The TRUE Learning Partnership.
The TRUE Learning Partnership is a community based, values focussed learning partnership of schools clustered around their local areas, aiming to meet the learning needs of each member of their community, aged from 3 to 18. The founding partners of The TRUE Learning Partnership will be Poynton High School and Lostock Hall Primary School. The head teacher of Poynton High School, Mr David Waugh, will also take the lead in acting as the Chief Executive Officer of the multi-academy trust in addition to being the head teacher of Poynton High School.
Following our Academy Consultation programme in June 2016 the Full Governing Body unanimously voted in favour on Monday 4th July 2016 to move ahead to convert our school to become an Academy as part of a community based multi-academy trust. The formal resolution passed by the Governing Body is given below.
The Governing Board believe there will be many practical benefits associated with formal partnership working in this way, for example the possibilities of:
- Joint Occupational Health contracts with an OH Officer (return to work interviews, stress risk assessments, pregnant worker risk assessments, lone worker risk assessments, etc)
- Joint Staffing Insurance (absence/supply insurance, maternity leave insurance, shared parental leave insurance, private medical cover, staff access to counselling, staff access to out of hours medical care, staff access to physiotherapy, etc)
- Joint Human Resources contract with an HR Officer (mediation, staffing legalities, employment law, Pay & Conditions, Pay Policies, Staffing Policies, etc)
- Joint Grounds Contract with a partnership Grounds Maintenance Officer
- Joint ICT Technician capacities with partnership ICT Technicians
- Joint ICT purchasing abilities
- Joint administration facilities, i.e. Partnership Administration Team (each school with core staff backed up by a central administration team)
- Joint Health and Safety Officer (CLEAPPS, H&S Risk Assessments, etc)
- Joint Governance Training Programme in order to increase effectiveness of governance
- Joint commissioning of support services, e.g. Counsellor, CAMHs, Early Intervention Worker, Learner Mentors, Learner Tutors, Health Worker.
- Joint Family Support Worker
- Possible central finance systems, auditing, officers (e.g. School Fund, Charity Accounts, etc)
As we move forward with our conversion the model that we are using as the basis for our strategic framework is given below. Ultimately the date that the Governing Body is working towards is 1st December 2018. If you have any questions regarding our process towards becoming an academy please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org