If you wish for your child to travel on one of the PHS School services, you will need to apply for a Travel Smart Card. Please make your application as soon as possible online at http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/schooltransport/PHS or call 0300 123 5012 and ask for Poynton High School Transport.
Click here for our updated Transport Information booklet
Timetable for 833 and 391 service bus - updated below.
Winter Weather Warning:
We would like to remind you about emergency procedures in case of snow which causes difficulty with journeys to school and disruption to the school day.
As you will be aware, we do our utmost to keep the school open, even when weather conditions are very bad. It will however be extremely unlikely that we are able to give advance notice of closure of the school and therefore we will use local radio on the morning of any difficult weather conditions to communicate whether the school is open or closed. The broadcasts will be made on Silk FM and Century FM (105.4) if necessary.
The school website will also be used to provide up to date information about any closure or changed arrangements for the school day.
If the school is open, our hope is that school buses will be able to make the journey into school and we shall handle any late registration procedures to ensure we know who is on site at any time. During the day we shall keep in contact with the transport companies and make decisions as appropriate about early departure from school if conditions are worsening.
We would ask that you have contingency plans for the care of your children if snow or ice prevents the official transport from being used and, of course we shall understand if this means that they are not able to be in school on that day. We hope that these arrangements can also extend to emergency supervision should we have to dismiss students early and we ask for a parent’s signature on the Home School Agreement page of the planner against a statement which will indicate that you give permission for an early dismissal in such cases. If you are keeping your child at home during bad weather, please authorise this absence in the usual way.
We shall also try to man the switchboard throughout the day to answer parental queries but you will appreciate that the volume of calls could be overwhelming in these very unusual circumstances so any private ‘telephone tree’ arrangements which groups of parents could operate would be very helpful to us.
Of course, we do hope that we shall not have to use any of these plans in the future, but being prepared will help us to feel more secure.
Guidelines for Parents whose Children travel on The School buses
- Ensure that your child knows that, should the bus be late they should remain at the bus stop. If it is more than half an hour late they should ring the school to find out if/when it is expected to arrive.
- Ensure your child knows or has the school telephone number.
- Ensure your child has your contact telephone details. Ensure that your child has credit on their phone.
- Ensure that you have made contingency arrangements should the weather conditions be so extreme that the bus is unable to reach the bus stop.
- Ensure that, on the rare occasions where the bus has broken down or is held up in very bad traffic, your child knows that they should remain on the bus. For information, the bus driver will make contact with the school when the bus is stationary to advise us of the estimated time of arrival of the students.